How to Apply
Please read the instructions below before beginning an application. All applications must be made online through the grant application system.
Step 1: Review Eligibility, Guidelines and Deadlines
Your organization or your program must:
- Be consistent with one of our focus areas (see our Responsive Grantmaking section)
- Be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code
- Be based in Cuyahoga County (Rare exceptions may be made, on a case-by-case basis, for organizations headquartered outside the County that maintain facilities within the County, fall within our priority focus areas, and serve the residents of Cuyahoga County.)
- Have submitted an interim or final report on any previous grants before a new request can be considered
Step 2: Check what information is needed
Step 3: Create a new account
- Select one login email address/password to be used for all your submissions.
- Provide the email address of the person ultimately responsible for the grant administration. The Bruening Foundation and Foundation Management Services will communicate all pertinent information to this email address.
Step 4: Complete the online Grant Application
PLEASE NOTE: Do not mail a duplicate hard copy of the application or any uploaded attachments.
Step 5: Bruening Foundation staff will review your application
Your grant application is reviewed by staff and the Distribution Committee. During this process, our staff may contact you for more information.
Step 6: Final decisions are made
You will be notified if your organization receives funding, or in some cases, if funding has been denied. Please note the following application deadlines and meeting schedule to the left.